Friday morning, we all got dressed in our snow clothes and headed up the mountain for some Christmas tree hunting.

The Goodrich Family Tree Hunt

The Goodrich Crew

Huh? You talkin' to me?

We decided to leave Connor in the car
He doesn't take a binky anymore, but this day, Brandon tried, and he took it. I don't know if it helped his ear feel better or what, but he was content and happy for a while.
The boys and I went wandering around the mountain, but couldn't find anything we liked. My brother (who had gone up for his tree on Wednesday) came to help me look. We finally found our tree. He cut it down for me, then he and his wife lugged it all the way back to the road - with a few stops on the way. It was HEAVY!

And, we're off!
I ran ahead to have Brandon come help, but when I got back to the car, he wasn't there. Apparently, he had told me to get a head start on looking while he stayed with Connor for a bit, and then he'd come help cut it down and carry it back. But, I didn't hear that, so had no idea where he was.

I get ear infections really easily, - which then inevitably leads to strep throat - so I always bundle my head up nice and toasty!
No wonder I didn't hear Brandon! :)

A picture of the river that Brandon took during his wandering to find me
My brother and sister-in-law managed to lug the tree to the road, where my dad had backed his truck up. We got it loaded, then a bunch of us piled into the back to drive back to where the rest of the group was waiting. Kent, one of my brothers, hung onto the back of the truck and got dragged down the snowy road. I was holding his two daughters, and they thought it was hilarious that dad was being dragged down the road. :)

Piling into Grandpa's truck

Me and one of my nieces - Adi

Cute Gavin - seriously, isn't he adorable?

My sweetheart of a niece, Brooklyn
By then, it was time to go home. Everyone had their tree tagged and up in the trucks, but we were stuck. (It isn't a true Christmas tree hunt for our family unless someone gets stuck and we have to dig them out.) Between some brothers pushing, and a tow rope hooked between us and my brother's Dodge, we were able to get us turned around and driving back down the mountain.

Kent getting us hooked up to the truck

Look at that snow fly!

One more pull and I think we're good!
We headed to my moms for some dinner, and opening presents for all the cousins. Sadly, we had to rush through the afternoon because of the monster storm that was coming through. We were planning on staying through Sunday, but decided to leave Saturday afternoon to beat the storm.

My kids (plus one nephew) after the tree hunt
Connor cried part of the way home, and the boys were very disappointed that we had to leave. Made for not a very fun trip home. I admit that I sulked and was a bit snappy to Brandon. But, he was patient with me (as he always is), and after seeing the storm on Sunday, and the non-stop snow that fell that day, we're very glad we came home early - especially with the tires on our van. Not good tires for snow.
Sunday, after choir practice, we put up the tree. Unfortunately, some of the lights we had weren't working, so Monday, I headed to the store to get some new lights and some shatterproof ornaments. We decorated it that night for FHE.

Three cute boys and a Christmas tree
Each year, I try and get all of the boys new ornaments, and this year we thought it would be fun to let them make their own. So, I got some stuff to make sand creations. The boys loved it! I think maybe next year I'll let them paint some ornaments. :)

Gavin filling his ornament up

'Da boys working on their ornaments

Serious business, here

Scott with his finished work

Braden concentrating - don't spill!
Thus ended a very long, somewhat frustrating weekend. But, being with family, eating some GOOD food, and well, being with family . . . It was great! :)
The Goodrich Family Tree Hunt
The Goodrich Crew
Huh? You talkin' to me?
We decided to leave Connor in the car
He doesn't take a binky anymore, but this day, Brandon tried, and he took it. I don't know if it helped his ear feel better or what, but he was content and happy for a while.
The boys and I went wandering around the mountain, but couldn't find anything we liked. My brother (who had gone up for his tree on Wednesday) came to help me look. We finally found our tree. He cut it down for me, then he and his wife lugged it all the way back to the road - with a few stops on the way. It was HEAVY!
And, we're off!
I ran ahead to have Brandon come help, but when I got back to the car, he wasn't there. Apparently, he had told me to get a head start on looking while he stayed with Connor for a bit, and then he'd come help cut it down and carry it back. But, I didn't hear that, so had no idea where he was.
I get ear infections really easily, - which then inevitably leads to strep throat - so I always bundle my head up nice and toasty!
No wonder I didn't hear Brandon! :)
A picture of the river that Brandon took during his wandering to find me
My brother and sister-in-law managed to lug the tree to the road, where my dad had backed his truck up. We got it loaded, then a bunch of us piled into the back to drive back to where the rest of the group was waiting. Kent, one of my brothers, hung onto the back of the truck and got dragged down the snowy road. I was holding his two daughters, and they thought it was hilarious that dad was being dragged down the road. :)
Piling into Grandpa's truck
Me and one of my nieces - Adi
Cute Gavin - seriously, isn't he adorable?
My sweetheart of a niece, Brooklyn
By then, it was time to go home. Everyone had their tree tagged and up in the trucks, but we were stuck. (It isn't a true Christmas tree hunt for our family unless someone gets stuck and we have to dig them out.) Between some brothers pushing, and a tow rope hooked between us and my brother's Dodge, we were able to get us turned around and driving back down the mountain.
Kent getting us hooked up to the truck
Look at that snow fly!
One more pull and I think we're good!
We headed to my moms for some dinner, and opening presents for all the cousins. Sadly, we had to rush through the afternoon because of the monster storm that was coming through. We were planning on staying through Sunday, but decided to leave Saturday afternoon to beat the storm.
My kids (plus one nephew) after the tree hunt
Connor cried part of the way home, and the boys were very disappointed that we had to leave. Made for not a very fun trip home. I admit that I sulked and was a bit snappy to Brandon. But, he was patient with me (as he always is), and after seeing the storm on Sunday, and the non-stop snow that fell that day, we're very glad we came home early - especially with the tires on our van. Not good tires for snow.
Sunday, after choir practice, we put up the tree. Unfortunately, some of the lights we had weren't working, so Monday, I headed to the store to get some new lights and some shatterproof ornaments. We decorated it that night for FHE.
Three cute boys and a Christmas tree
Each year, I try and get all of the boys new ornaments, and this year we thought it would be fun to let them make their own. So, I got some stuff to make sand creations. The boys loved it! I think maybe next year I'll let them paint some ornaments. :)
Gavin filling his ornament up
'Da boys working on their ornaments
Serious business, here
Scott with his finished work
Braden concentrating - don't spill!
Thus ended a very long, somewhat frustrating weekend. But, being with family, eating some GOOD food, and well, being with family . . . It was great! :)
4 comments:
Sick kids on Vacation are the worst! I'm so sorry. Glad you got a real tree, I admit I'm jealous. I hope Connor is feeling much better now.
Glad Connor's feeling better! :) And glad it was a good weekend, despite all the craziness. :) Cute ornament idea!
Had an awesome time Renee. Love Ya!
It was indeed a fun weekend! I felt so bad that Connor was so sick though. poor little man. Can't wait to get us all together again!
Post a Comment