Sunday night we were downstairs reading the scriptures with the boys before bedtime and Gavin asked Brandon if he could help read. So, Brandon helped him say a verse. As he was reading, I noticed that his words seemed quite clear. The more I listened to him, the more excited I got.
I have been seriously worried about him and his pronunciation, but our dr.'s just said to leave it alone and that it'd work itself out - usually by the time the child starts kindergarten. Well, he does next Tuesday! So, just in time. And, what better birthday present for me, than to have my Toad start saying his R's? He's awesome.
Way to go, Toady!!
So, I pulled him over to me, and gave him a whole bunch of words to say, and it's true - he can now pronounce his R's!!! Wahoo!! I jumped up and down, and screamed, and laughed, and the boys screamed and laughed right along with me. As they went to bed that night, I heard the boys saying, "Gavin, say __________." And then he'd say it and they'd all laugh again. It was so cute!
I have been seriously worried about him and his pronunciation, but our dr.'s just said to leave it alone and that it'd work itself out - usually by the time the child starts kindergarten. Well, he does next Tuesday! So, just in time. And, what better birthday present for me, than to have my Toad start saying his R's? He's awesome.
Way to go, Toady!!
3 comments:
That's Awesome Gavin! Way to go! Hope you had a wonderful birthday Renee, it sure sounds like you did!
YAY!! Way to go, Gavin! :)
Maybe he better come teach Skyler. He can't do r's, s's, f's and another one that I can't remember now. He starts kindergarten on the 1rst. The people that tested him think he will need speech therapy. We will have to see how it all turns out.
So anyway, I can totally understand why you were so excited!
Post a Comment