Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still down

So, by Monday, I still wasn't feeling better. So, I called the dr. only to find out that he's out of the office until Thursday. *sigh* Apparently, though, he made a note in my file so the nurse could just call in another prescription for me if I wasn't feeling any better. A much stronger prescription. Then the nurse told me to call if I wasn't feeling better by Thursday. Gah! So, I started it on Monday.

Now, I've been on this medicine for three days, and I'm still not feeling better. While I'm pretty sure the strep is gone, as a result of the strep, I think I have an abscess on one of my tonsils. The dr. said to watch for some signs of an abscess, and I believe that's what I have. I'll be going into the dr. tomorrow, unless some miracle happens overnight and I'm better by tomorrow.

From what I understand, if there is an abscess, the dr. has three options - #1 - stick a needle in the abscess and pull the pus out (sorry for the graphic nature of these options), #2 - cut open the abscess and suction the pus out, or #3 - do a complete tonsillectomy. (I'm pretty sure at that point he'll recommend I go see an ENT dr.) *sigh*

My one concern is the medication that will be used during any of those procedures. I don't want to have to stop nursing Connor. While it's true that he won't take a bottle, I know he would if he got hungry enough. (Isn't that an awful thought?) But, I really do enjoy nursing. I always have. So, I'm hoping that I can continue nursing him throughout all of this.

Anyway, I'll update after I go to the dr. tomorrow. A miracle would be wonderful if I were to get better tomorrow, but I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be headed into the dr. tomorrow and will most likely get bad news. From what I've read, any of those options is painful. But, I'm hopeful that he can help me get better.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Uh oh. This means you won't be able to sing Wednesday, doesn't it? Let me know ASAP if you don't think you can do it!

And I don't mean to sound like that's all I care about. :) That really is the pits that you have to deal with more than just strep! I really hope you feel better soon (and no, not just because I want you to be able to sing... ;) )