Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Heroin, um, er, heroine

So, here's my funny. Tonight, B asked me to come cuddle with him on the couch. How can I turn down cuddles with my B? So, off we went to the couch. We laid there for a couple of minutes, and then he asked, "Mom, what does heroine mean?"

I'm laying there in shock thinking, "Where did he hear about heroin from?" So, I launch into an explanation that heroin is a really bad drug that's very addicting. The more you have it, the more you want it. It messes with your brain, sends you high, then low . . .

We sit there in silence for a few seconds, then I ask, "So, where did you hear about heroin?"

His response? "Oh, from Word Girl."

I'm thinking, "Holy cow! Word Girl (a kids show) is talking about heroin? He's definitely not watching that anymore."

B continues, "Yeah, there was a police officer and he said that the town (or something) was going to be saved by a police officer, and then World Girl comes up and says, 'By a police officer and a heroine!'"

Um, OOPS!!! :) So, I then had to explain that the heroine he heard was actually a good kind of heroine. Kind of like a female superhero.

Poor kid. I just hope he doesn't get the two confused and think that heroine is a lady superhero on drugs.

4 comments:

The Woolley's said...

hahahahahahaha, that is to funny!!

Patti said...

Oh that's funny! I love how your kids brains work! BTW - Conni loves Word Girl too :) He'll figure it out - he's a smart kid!

I'll be laughing all day!

The Dunn Family said...

Priceless! I love moments like that! Hope you don't mind I follow your blog every once in awhile to see what you guys are up to. Your kids are getting so big! We miss seeing you guys around, and congrats on your new little guy -he is a doll!

Josh and Kristen said...

Hahaha! That is WAY funny!