No, not mine, since my co-workers consist of four small children and a hubby. And, I don't get paid (monetarily, at least) for my work. No, I'm talking about Brandon's co-workers in the counseling office. They're awesome. Seriously.
Brandon called me the other day and asked if I wanted to come eat lunch with them. They ordered from Cafe Rio and we all just sat there in the counseling center eating lunch. We went to go visit and take Brandon some lunch several weeks ago, and after lunch one of the other counselors played "war" with Gavin for twenty minutes. She got out some soft, squishy balls she keeps in her desk, and she and Gavin threw them at each other trying to hit each other. The rest of us sat there and laughed so hard! It was so fun to watch.
The secretary went to Zumba with me one night, and invited me to a jewelry party at her house. They invited me to a lunch meeting with them after our ultrasound with Connor (it was in the middle of the summer, so school was not in session), and they have been so excited with my pregnancy and arrival of Connor, and sympathetic during the last few weeks of pregnancy with my incredibly swollen feet and hands.
When Brandon was teaching down in Salt Lake, I had to call him at school a few times, and since he didn't have a phone in his room, I had to call the office and have them page him down to take the call. But every time I called, I felt awful - like it was an inconvenience for the secretary. She always seemed upset that I would call, and even once asked me if it was an emergency. (It really was for emergencies only - like my blood pressure spiked during my pregnancy with B, I got really dizzy and had a migraine, and my dr. said to come in RIGHT NOW! I didn't call unless it was an emergency.)
And, I never really knew any of his co-workers. He didn't really work closely with any of them, and didn't really know any of them outside of their department meetings. So, this has been a wonderful change. The people he works with are awesome! I love going in to the school to have lunch with him, or to sit and chat with the counseling staff. They know my boys and are interested in the things that they're doing and participating in. They get a kick out of Gavin and his antics (who doesn't?), and they don't make me feel like I'm imposing or a bother if I have to call Brandon. Seriously - I love it! His job rocks. He enjoys it SO MUCH more than teaching, and I can tell. He's happier, which makes me happy.
So, here's a shout out to the counseling staff! You guys rock!
Brandon called me the other day and asked if I wanted to come eat lunch with them. They ordered from Cafe Rio and we all just sat there in the counseling center eating lunch. We went to go visit and take Brandon some lunch several weeks ago, and after lunch one of the other counselors played "war" with Gavin for twenty minutes. She got out some soft, squishy balls she keeps in her desk, and she and Gavin threw them at each other trying to hit each other. The rest of us sat there and laughed so hard! It was so fun to watch.
The secretary went to Zumba with me one night, and invited me to a jewelry party at her house. They invited me to a lunch meeting with them after our ultrasound with Connor (it was in the middle of the summer, so school was not in session), and they have been so excited with my pregnancy and arrival of Connor, and sympathetic during the last few weeks of pregnancy with my incredibly swollen feet and hands.
When Brandon was teaching down in Salt Lake, I had to call him at school a few times, and since he didn't have a phone in his room, I had to call the office and have them page him down to take the call. But every time I called, I felt awful - like it was an inconvenience for the secretary. She always seemed upset that I would call, and even once asked me if it was an emergency. (It really was for emergencies only - like my blood pressure spiked during my pregnancy with B, I got really dizzy and had a migraine, and my dr. said to come in RIGHT NOW! I didn't call unless it was an emergency.)
And, I never really knew any of his co-workers. He didn't really work closely with any of them, and didn't really know any of them outside of their department meetings. So, this has been a wonderful change. The people he works with are awesome! I love going in to the school to have lunch with him, or to sit and chat with the counseling staff. They know my boys and are interested in the things that they're doing and participating in. They get a kick out of Gavin and his antics (who doesn't?), and they don't make me feel like I'm imposing or a bother if I have to call Brandon. Seriously - I love it! His job rocks. He enjoys it SO MUCH more than teaching, and I can tell. He's happier, which makes me happy.
So, here's a shout out to the counseling staff! You guys rock!
No comments:
Post a Comment