Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shoulder injury = no Zumba . . .

I have to quit Zumba. For a little while, anyway. I injured my shoulder and any time I lift my arm up and lower it, or lift it out to the side, my shoulder pops. OUCH!!! My doctor suspects that I strained the muscles or ligaments in my right shoulder, and since they're out of place, it's causing the painful popping. (It also probably doesn't help that I'm carrying around a 16+ lb. bug.)

Because Zumba uses a lot of arm movements, he recommend that I not take the class for a while. *sigh* I'm so sad - I love Zumba. It's a great way for me to exercise, plus a great way for me to get out by myself for a little bit a couple of times a week.

I guess this means I'm back to the elliptical. *sigh* I find the elliptical so boring. But, I can't re-injure my shoulder on the elliptical, so I guess that's where I'm at. Unless someone else has a brilliant, fun, and cheap idea of a way for me to get exercise? Anybody?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love! Go to Zumba and just don't do the arm movements. You can totally adapt and adjust, and if you ask your instructor, s/he can probably give you adaptations or ways to adapt it, too. Zumba is EASY to adapt.