So, my boys have been doing all things Harry Potter for a while now. Wand battles, spells, potions, flying around on broomsticks . . . So, when I heard them say they were going to go outside and play some Quidditch, I knew I had to get pictures. Six of them in all started out - my three boys, and three neighborhood kids. Scott being the oldest at 10. The youngest being four. They were having a ball.
Notice Scottie "flying"
A little while later, I looked out the kitchen window to see this:
"Now, this one is the quaffle, this one is the bludger . . ."
"Take your places . . . Ready, set . . ."
"Go!!!"
Apparently, most of the neighborhood kids heard that Scott & B were playing Quidditch in the back yard, so they all gravitated over. They grabbed long sticks, old brooms, dowel sticks . . . anything that could be used as a broomstick all in the name of Quidditch.
(And, yes, they really did keep the "broomsticks" between their legs as they were running around chasing the balls.")
We had 11 or 12 kids over in our backyard playing Quidditch that day - ranging in age from 4 to 14. It was so fun to sit and watch these kids use their imagination and play some Quidditch. Good times.
"Can I join the team?"
3 comments:
I love it! What great fun!
That's so cute. And awesome that your kids have such good imaginations.
That's so awesome! Way to be creative! I bet it was a blast.
Post a Comment