Friday, September 18, 2009

TOFW - Time Out For Women

So, back in April my sister and I were trying to arrange to go to BYU Women's Conference together. She was able to go, but unfortunately, the days that I would be gone, Brandon had to be at school - there was no way he could take the days off. So, she went without me, and thoroughly enjoyed the conference.

Then, a couple of months ago, I got my monthly flier from Deseret Book. Inside was a little excerpt about Time Out For Women - a yearly event in places around the country that is, well, a time out for women. I told Brandon how much I would love to be able to go this year. One of the events is here at the University, with one of my favorite people in the world - Emily Watts. Money wouldn't allow for tickets, though, because of our summer projects (garage, baby's room, yard work . . .). So, I sighed inwardly (okay, maybe it was audible) and put it out of my mind for another year.

Fast forward a few weeks when I emailed Emily about a Christmas program that she had helped me put together a few years ago. We emailed back and forth a few times, and then she asked me if I would like a complimentary ticket to TOFW, including lunch on Saturday with the presenters!!! Um, yes!!!

So, in just a few hours, I will be off to the university - no kids climbing on and off my lap (a lap I don't really have anymore), no kids asking when the meeting will be over, or fighting over the copies of the Friend in our church bag, or telling me halfway through a meeting that they "HAVE TO GO, MOM!!!"

I get to sit and listen to Michael McLean perform, and Emily Watts speak and sooth my soul as a mommy, as well as several other incredible people. I'm so looking forward to this timeout, and Brandon is being so awesome in letting me go and taking care of the kids tonight, and all day tomorrow while I'm gone.

Thank you, Emily, for this wonderful time out for me. Thank you, Brandon, for letting me go and refill my cup. I'm so looking forward to this! Now, I just have to get the laundry done before I go. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Hope said...

I've gone to a couple of TOFW's and they were both awesome. Women are unique creatures...we need time alone, and yet we also need time alone with other women. It does something for us. Exactly like you said--fills our cups.

I'm so happy you get to do this! Have fun and share any super-inspirational moments on the blog!

The Warner Corner said...

Congrats! Tell Emily I said HI! She's so awesome. And she loves you tons. It will be good to see each other. I'm so happy for you. Have tons o fun! I am going in November to the one in Salt Lake. Maybe next year we can get a huge reunion group together and go! You always have a place to stay!! :) I miss you!
Tami

Karina said...

You're going to have so much fun! I went to the one this year here in Florida and I loved it.

Tari said...

Yea, I'm so happy you get to go! and I love the new header and layout...so cute!

Valeri Crockett said...

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve it!!!!!!
I'm with Hope, share any inspiration with with rest of us;)
Love ya!
Val

Valeri Crockett said...

I want to put in a quadruple vote for the name Trace. I think that is the cutest name I have heard in a very very long time.

Melanie said...

Have fun. I just Love Emily. :0)

Jen said...

Yayyyy!! Yay for taking time for yourself--we all need that once in awhile!! :) But, um...you can't really post about how you're having regular contractions two months early and then not give an update on it. So...you okay? Baby decide to get comfy again and stay awhile longer? Hope so! I've been thinking about you! :)

Jen S said...

I'm so happy for you! I've been to TOFW once before and it was fabulous! My friends and I are going down here in SL in a month or two! Have a great time!!