Friday, April 13, 2012

GM Cleanse - Day 5

Okay, Day 5 - Today is feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger is OK. Combine this with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.



(Not sure I agree with this about being "feast day." Yes, it was A LOT of meat, but having to eat 6 tomatoes. I like tomatoes - I really do. But, I was worried.)

So, I started the morning out with a bowl of the wonder soup. I sliced half a tomato and put it into my soup (cold). Pretty good. I ate the other half with a bit of salt. Still worried. Not sure I'm liking this.

Ran out to do some R.S. stuff, ran a couple of errands, then was back home. I was feeling quite weak at this point, and had to sit down for 15 - 20 minutes to get my strength back up. Put a Bear down for a nap, then went to make my lunch.

Cooked me up some hamburger (about 1 cups worth) with some salt, pepper, and garlic. Sliced and cooked 1 1/2 tomatoes to mix in with my hamburger. Ate the other half raw. This one was REALLY hard. I literally had to force myself to eat the cooked tomatoes. Not that they were bad or tasted gross, but, like I said before - it's A LOT of tomatoes to eat all at once. I knew it would be hard, though, so I actually sat down and watched a one hour documentary on the Titanic while I ate. That helped.

By the time Brandon got home from school, I was feeling kind of weak again. (And, I swear this cleanse has sucked out part of my brain, too.) I ate another tomato before we ran a couple of errands, then rested on my bed while Brandon cooked us some steaks for dinner. I ate my steak - probably another 8 oz. worth, (and I couldn't even finish it all), and my last 1 1/2 tomatoes. I decided to save 1/2 tomato for my salad tomorrow for lunch.

Throughout the whole day, I've downed over 100 oz. of water. Will drink another 20 before I go to bed. Definitely not my favorite day. As I posted on Facebook: Okay, I did it. Well, most of it. I ate my beef (although I'm not sure I got down a full 20 oz - that's a lot of meat), and I ate 5 1/2 tomatoes.* sigh* Not sure how my relationship with tomatoes is at this point. And, I don't know if this is a result of the cleanse or something else entirely, but I have been freezing ALL day long.

Just two more days. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. Struggling at this point - I REALLY wanted a cookie today. Or a graham cracker. But, I didn't give in. Just two more days.

(Weight this morning - 142.4)

No comments: