Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4

Day 4 - Thankful to own my own home. (Okay, okay, we're still paying the mortgage . . .) I'm thankful that we've never had to go without shelter, but 8+ years in various apartments, most of those with small children (literally - we had Scottie only 14 months after we were married), was hard at times, so I'm thankful to have our own place. My own walls to paint, floor to rip up, pictures to decorate with . . .



It's also good for sheltering us from the cold, wet weather that's blowing in tonight. I love being warm. :) I just finished making applesauce cookies - maybe I'll have some hot chocolate to go with them when I get back from my song rehearsal tonight. Yummy!


http://flavordiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Hot-Chocolate-w-Cookies.jpg

2 comments:

The Woolley's said...

And what a darling home it is!! Sorry, I was up in Logan again on Wednesday, and I thought about having you watch Clara for me while I had my haircut, but then you ended up sick, sad. I hope you are feeling better! Next time, next time!!

Jen said...

Applesauce cookies? Yum! :) I've never heard of such a thing, but they sound delish! Glad you're feeling better.

And I hear you about apartments--I can't wait until the day when I can be done with them! (I did have a two year reprieve, but I'm SO tired of living in my apartment!)