So, we had Connor's two week visit with his pediatrician today (he's actually three weeks today, but last week was Thanksgiving). I was expecting him to weigh 8 lbs. and some, but nope! He weighs 9 lbs. 5 oz. His pedi. says that they're super happy when a 2 - 3 week old comes back in having gained a pound back after their 5 day visit, so to have gained two back?
He told me to lay off on nursing so much and to let him self-soothe himself back to sleep when he wakes up every two hours at night. (Remember a previous post when I said that Connor would nurse almost constantly for about three hours in the evening?) And to let him suck on the binky after he eats.
And, a funny little story - B weighed 20 lbs. when he was just six months old. We started calling him the Michelin man because of all of his rolls. When he was a couple of years old, he saw an add on TV for the Michelin man and turned and asked, "Dad, why was I on TV?" :)
At the rate Connor's going, we'll have another Michelin baby on our hands if we're not careful! But, then, I LOVE chubby babies!


1 comment:
I can't stop laughing. That is way too funny. I love Brandon's picture. It is so cute and chubby! You can't help but smile and love it. Hmm... why can't people smile and think I am cute with all of my chub? I guess it's not so cute on adults! It sure is on babies though!
Post a Comment