Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tony Grove picnic

So, after working hard on painting the baby's room, we decided to take an afternoon off and head up to Tony's Grove. It's a beautiful place up there with a path around the whole lake that you can hike around. So, we headed up and ended up running into some good friends of ours that live in Salt Lake. We chatted for a bit, then decided to hike with them. The only problem was that everybody had to go to the bathroom again before we headed out.

So, they left without us and walked slowly, but we never did catch up with them. So, we wandered off on our own up to some rocks that Brandon remembered climbing when he was younger. I had a hard time getting up there and had to stop and take breaks quite often, but I made it. While the boys climbed and jumped on the rocks, I found a nice rock chair and just looked out over the mountains. It was quite peaceful and nice.

After the boys had their fill of running and jumping, we headed back down to cook us some dinner. I had made tin-foil dinners before we left, so we found a picnic table by the edge of the lake and set the boys to fishing while I cooked some dinner. The boys didn't catch anything, but had a fun time watching some squirrels run up and down some trees close by us.

By the time we finished dinner, it was getting kind of cold, so we loaded everything up, and headed out. We took a detour to the campground to see if we could find our friends, and we did. We left the boys in the truck while we jumped out to say hi really quickly, and then we headed home. It was quite a fun trip - even if the hiking was hard for me!

We didn't end up going camping this summer, but we did go on quite a few day trips into the mountains and had a great time! We'll for sure go camping next summer. Anyone wanna' join us???


Our picnic site - isn't it pretty?


Cute Gavin . . .


. . . and cute Braden.
(Scott didn't want his picture taken.)


A moose ambling across the road as we were driving home

2 comments:

Kristi said...

What a beautiful place to have a picnic. I loved the idea of your boys sleeping out on the deck, and having a movie etc. I bet they loved it even if the movie wasn't to swell.

Natalie said...

you know we'd be right there if we werent stuck in La=) How beautiful...I miss the mountains so much!