Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We're having a . . .

BABY!!! Well, of course, you all knew that! I had my ultrasound today, and everything looks great! The head is measuring perfectly, the femur, the tummy, the spine - it all looks great. The problem? The baby wouldn't move for ANYTHING!!! The tech. was bouncing the doppler up and down on my stomach (can we say ouch??), and the most the baby did was squirm a little and put one hand up in front of the face. So, no profile shots either.

But, we did find the gender, and the tech. can say it's a girl . . . at least until November when the baby is born, and then it's positively a boy! So, no girl for us this time. Braden & Gavin are off the wall with excitement, and Scott's a little disappointed. I asked him if he was sad that the baby was a boy, and he said, "Well, I'm a little disappointed, but we'll still have fun!" So cute!

Anyway, we're off on our mini-vacation, so I'll have to post u/s pictures when I get back! Thanks for the girl wishes, though! I guess we're just meant to have a houseful of boys!

6 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

I WUV boys!!! Yay!!! I can't wait to meet this little man!!!

Valeri Crockett said...

P.S. I think that little one is trying to get all the sleep it can before it gets to experience less sleep with brother's around. . .SMART, very SMART.

Jillo said...

Congrats! That is exciting although I was just sure it was a girl. =)
I am glad all is well and he is healthy and content.

Natalie said...

And I was so excited to finally get to buy you something pink! Darn it. I am happy for you...
and maybe if we live someplace nearby again our little guys can be friends.

Josh and Kristen said...

Congrats! I understand wanting to have a girl... BELIEVE ME, I UNDERSTAND! But, just like you said, you must be meant to have a house full of boys. Think of all the missionaries you are raising that will go and share the gospel with those waiting to hear! At least you know all about boys!!

Gilbrides said...

Bouncing the dopplar on your stomach does not sound fun!! Katelyn wouldn't let us have a peek at her either---so frustrating! I was sure she was a boy and slightly confused when the tech said she was a girl.

Congratulations on your healthy baby!! Did you get the ultrasound in 3-D?!?! I know this little guy is going to be just as handsome and fun as your other boys!