So, my brother-in-law and his wife got married about 18 months ago in Hawaii. They are expecting their first child together - next week, in fact (she has three other from a previous marriage) - but before this baby was born, they were able to go through the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity.
It was such a nice intimate sealing - only 13 people TOTAL there - and it brought back the feelings and thoughts of my own sealing. As we were in the temple, we were trying to remember what room we were in before the ceremony, and which room was our actual sealing room. It was so fun to remember, and yes, as I watched these two be sealed together, I cried. I admit it - I'm a completely hopeless, sappy person! :)
Then, as we came out of the temple - COLD!!!! (It was cold on our wedding day, too - I think there was a high of about 28, but I'm not sure, and although I did some research on the internet, I couldn't find the actual temperature of that day.) But, our wedding day was not windy. It was sunny and bright, but very cold. This sealing day, though, the wind was blowing, and it was super cold. But, we did take a few pictures (for posterity sake), and then headed home to warm up!
Thanks so much for sharing this special day with us, guys! Congrats!

The whole clan (minus the children) outside the temple

Just to show how windy it was -
check out my father-in-law's tie!

Smooooooch!!

Jon hates PDA's (Public Displays of Affection)
so he was laughing - he hates kissing in public!

You can see the snow blowing around

Baby, it's cold outside!
It was such a nice intimate sealing - only 13 people TOTAL there - and it brought back the feelings and thoughts of my own sealing. As we were in the temple, we were trying to remember what room we were in before the ceremony, and which room was our actual sealing room. It was so fun to remember, and yes, as I watched these two be sealed together, I cried. I admit it - I'm a completely hopeless, sappy person! :)
Then, as we came out of the temple - COLD!!!! (It was cold on our wedding day, too - I think there was a high of about 28, but I'm not sure, and although I did some research on the internet, I couldn't find the actual temperature of that day.) But, our wedding day was not windy. It was sunny and bright, but very cold. This sealing day, though, the wind was blowing, and it was super cold. But, we did take a few pictures (for posterity sake), and then headed home to warm up!
Thanks so much for sharing this special day with us, guys! Congrats!
The whole clan (minus the children) outside the temple
Just to show how windy it was -
check out my father-in-law's tie!
Smooooooch!!
Jon hates PDA's (Public Displays of Affection)
so he was laughing - he hates kissing in public!
You can see the snow blowing around
Baby, it's cold outside!
No comments:
Post a Comment